Your parrot’s diet is an essential factor in their life. What they eat affects all aspects of their health and development. Their health is obviously affected by what they eat because food contains nutrients to help them grow and thrive. But did you know your parrot’s mental and emotional health is also affected by their diet? It’s the same for humans. When we eat bad food, we feel bad. It affects our mood, our decisions, and our behavior, not to mention our health. And like you, your parrot will benefit from eating organic food
Organic Parrot Is Free Of Carcinogens
Many top level parrot foods have some serious chemicals in them – chemicals that have absolutely nothing to do with food or improving your parrot’s health. In fact, these chemicals can and do cause cancer. Here are a few of the items found in most non-organic parrot foods.
• Ethoxyquin – this is used as a food stabilizer and a pesticide.
• BHA – Butylated hydroxyanisole is a food preservative that has been shown to be a carcinogen (cancer cause).
• BHT – Butylated hydroxytoluene is another food preservative and carcinogen. Both BHA and BHT are difficult for humans to metabolize and next to impossible for a parrot’s sensitive system to manage.
• Menadione – A vitamin K supplement is extremely toxic. It has been reported to cause anemia, brain or liver damage, or neonatal death humans and is toxic for birds and yet many parrot foods contain this toxic element.
Organic Foods Don’t Contain Added Sugar
Would you feed your parrot sugar cubes? No, of course not, right? Sugar isn’t something your bird needs nor does it improve their health, behavior or happiness. Yet most parrot foods contain sugar. They, for some reason, feel the need to sweeten the food. (Probably to cover up the taste of all those pesticides and preservatives.)
Your parrot doesn’t need added sugar and good organic parrot foods don’t contain any added sugar, flavorings, or food colorings.
Organic Lengthens Your Parrot’s Lifespan
A seed based diet is too fatty for most birds to handle and it’s short on nutrients. A seed based diet can cause:
• Fatty Liver Disease,
• Kidney Failure,
• Feather Plucking Issues
• Overgrown Beaks
• Epileptic Seizures (Mostly Common In African Greys, And Cockatoos)
• Inability to Fly
• Chronic sickness
An organic pellet parrot food can lengthen the life of your parrot by several years. Actually, it can triple your parrot’s lifespan. Why? Because it offers 100% nutrition without the unnecessary extras like fat, sugar and chemicals.
Organic Is Easier to Get Than Ever Before
A few years ago, organic parrot food was next to impossible to find. It was also incredibly expensive, not to mention the shipping cost was exorbitant. That’s not the case anymore. More people are aware of the benefits making it easier to find.
If you want to offer your parrot the best you can possibly offer, organic parrot food is the way to go. It’s 100% good for your bird and helps you give them the life, love and health they deserve.